[LargeFormat] Metering, was FS: a few lenses

george day largeformat@f32.net
Fri Mar 1 17:41:21 2002

Actually, they're cleverly designed to be in-camera meters.  You just
reverse mount an M lens with a custom ring or, better, use a Visoflex, and
attach the camera/lens/gadget to the rear of your 8x10 with a custom Leica
adapter.  The gadget allows you to move the camera around the GG to take
spot readings the size of a fifty-cent piece.  The adapter, of course, is
gold plated and covered in red-dyed emu leather with rare abalone,
commemorating the King of Tonga's commitment to a spam-free weight loss plan
for the new millenium.  Mind you, this was a limited series and collectors
are snapping them up, so you might want to wear a balaclava when you visit
the bank.

It might not be more accurate than a Pentax meter, but, hey, it's a whole
lot more stylish...