[LargeFormat] On campaign

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Fri Mar 1 04:48:02 2002

Dear Friends,

     I have taken careful note of Marco's posting. I now see he has a stash
of D 76 and Tri X. I shall arrange to have him lured away from the cave so
that I can filch it.

    Actually this may not be necessary - the local pro shop now has FP 4
back in 4 x 5 . Apparently they have a computer reordering system that fills
the shelves. True to form, it fills them after the end of the month and bad
cess to you if you need more in the middle, but HEY! it is all on the way to
a digital future. My suggestion of a small yellow pad and a pencil to note
when they ran out was not received well.

    Those of you away with the pixels can take heart - there is a
photography conference this weekend that has lectures and demonstrations of
newest digital gear from this same firm. As well as a certain smart aleck
Matthew Brady lookalike that will be showing how to get historical pictures
with modern materials. Maybe they will bring a 4 x 5 back that slots into a
DD space and then we can see what a Beck Symmetrical can do.

    Uncle Dick

 PS: I am not really a curmudgeon. I am kind to big dogs and small children.
I feed the latter to the former....