[LargeFormat] The Big Digit

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 25 10:16:45 2002

Uncle Dick,

I myself am also just an amateur that would like to make some money. So your
ahead of me. In any case I as well as many of us on this list I'm sure have
read these kind of debates in recent months.  What I don't understand is what
difference it makes how the heck we all capture, burn or get the shot we so
desire at the time. I don't understand why any photographer cares how the
other guy did that shot. Other than if you wish to achieve a similar type of
image. Then the technical aspect of the shot is important. I know we all like
to know how an image was done so we might adapt that to how we shoot. But
what I do get tired of is the debate of which is better. They both are good
in there own right for somebody.

I have no problem with the new tech if I could afford it. But I have to admit
I like using film. I like the process. I like the challenge of making it
work. Perhaps I'm just not busy enough to appreciate the convenience of the
digital world yet. Or perhaps I'm just stupid and don't understand. Perhaps
if I get to the point having alot of  work I'll find I have to be digital.
But again I ask why is either bad? When we all used film the only thing we
debated was photography. How did you do that, not my car is better than your
car. I look at all this stuff as tools and techniques. For me if it works for
you great. If something ells works for me why should that be bad. Are we all
not just photographers?

Greg
geo

When in danger or in doubt run in circles scream and shout.