[LargeFormat] The Big Digit

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 24 03:57:48 2002

Dear Marco,

     I agree with you entirely about the ascendence of artistry over
technique. I am not so sure about the portion of the body wherein it
resides - our local Lions club holds annual art exhibitions and the sight of
so many badly done landscapes has been known to peel paint off a stucco
wall. I suspect that eyes, hearts, and minds weren't in it, though I would
give some credibility to the use of the kidneys in some paintings. Well, I
had that urge, anyway.

    I am out of the darkroom to let the smoke disburse. The prints are
coming along well. I wish in retrospect I had focussed better with the
Imagon, but it can be a little like swimming through glue. At least my
Linhof is balanced well enough with this long lens to permit me to use it
for moderate down shots.

     Now back in for the bleaching and toning. I love the smell of sulphide
in the morning.....

    Uncle Dick