[LargeFormat] Focusing Loupes (was Re: Darkcloth hoods?)

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 13 18:57:09 2002

At 12:50 am -0700 13/2/02, Karl Wolz wrote:
>That would have been me, but I recommended a size 12 lined black skirt (for
>4x5).  Mine has a zipper, but no elastic.  Elastic would be nice, and the
>zipper is handy for being able to hold a focus loop against the ground
>glass.  Now, if I could only lose about 150 pounds, I could wear it for
>partying after I'm done shooting, too!
>
>Karl

Karl,

That would be a sight - probably..... Best to keep the weight on and
save the public ;-)

Talking of focusing loupes, what do you use?  I recently picked up a
used Toyo loupe and it does a good job, however am concerned that the
bottom element is a little susceptible to damage as it is very close
to the bottom of the tube. The good thing about it is the length.
Short loupes end up with your face too close to the ground glass and
the longer big name loupes are just too expensive for use as a ground
glass device.

The loupe didn't have a case, but does have a neck strap. Maybe I
should be looking for a small soft case or simply make one.....

The normal device in the kit here is a reflex TLR viewfinder - works
a treat but doesn't fit in your pocket!