[LargeFormat] Jobo Processors

Kevin M. Bell largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 7 16:21:29 2002

At 02:01 PM 2/7/2002, you wrote:
>Why not simply kill algae with common household bleach?
>
>Simply run dilute bleach through the entire system a couple times and then
>run plain water a couple more.
>
>Back when I used to work on a Kodachrome processor, we had a chemical called
>developer system cleaner.  It contained Phosphoric acid or some such thing.
>This worked to clean out the developer tanks, but the problem there wasn't
>algae.
>
>Karl Wolz

You need to be very careful using bleach with developing
chemistry.  Household bleach combined with RA4 chemistry, for example, can
create toxic and deadly fumes.  It has been a number of years since I
worked in a lab using RA4, so I don't remember which chemicals don't mix,
but I do remember it was a firing offense to have chlorine bleach in the lab.

Kevin M. Bell
www.camera-collectors.com
1-877-977-5091