[LargeFormat] Jobo Processors

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 7 05:57:02 2002

Dear Tori,

     Thank you for the idea about Silly Putty. I do remember it from my
first childhood and I am hoping that it will still be available for my
second....

     As it is, I think the most alternative recording medium I have used was
horseblood agar. I had a cold one February when I was a student so I cut out
a heart-shaped plastic stencil, held it over a fresh petri dish filled with
HBA and sneezed into it. Then I incubated it over the weekend and presented
the results as a valentine to one of my girlfriends. She was most
impressed - almost speechless. Pity we seemed to drift apart after that.

    I think you could do much the same with some form of mould or fungus on
a metal plate - or a thinly -cut jam sandwich. If I could find one that is
light sensitive it would work. Might give a positive and might give a
negative, depending on whether it is killed or stimulated by UV or visible
light.

    Uncle Dick