[LargeFormat] Jobo Processors

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 6 12:12:12 2002

When I assisted for another photog, we used the ATL 3.  a great machine, bu=
still had its faults. The only thing we did was E-6 so I can't talk about
anything else.

We found that the heater in the processor was woefully inadequite to heat
room temp bath up to the 105=B0, so we would start with the hottest water we
could get out of the tap, with that the machine would be up to temp in abou=
a half hour.

We did have problems with alge in the water jacket.  I kept giving the wate=
a shot of glacial acetic acid to not only keep the slimey stuff at bay, but
at 105=B0 kept my sinuses open and other people out of the darkroom.

With heavy use the arm on the atl 3 fails, the replacement arm is much
better in design, but the repair is in the $1200 range

Other than the arm failing and not keeping the caps on the 1 liter bottles
on very tight we had no problems. If the caps are not air tight you don't
get the full volume of chemicals in the drum.

We also found the Expert drums to be much more uniform in processing over
the older style reel and drum system.

BTW

I come much closer to looking like Leslie Neilsen or even Leslie Townes Hop=
(aka Bob H)  than Lesley Uggams, or Lesley Ann Down

Les