[LargeFormat] Polaroid Film

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 5 23:36:49 2002

> From: "Hornford, Dave" <Dave.Hornford@Compaq.com>
> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:17:04 -0500
> To: <largeformat@f32.net>
> Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] Polaroid Film
>
> I found a box of Polaroid film extremely helpful when first learning to
> use my brand new LF camera.
>
> Maybe it was just me, but the ability to receive near instant feedback
> of what I thought I was seeing upside-down and backwards when stopped
> down to f22 was invaluable.

> Dave

Dave,

This is why the Rochester Institute of Technology  has gone  from teaching
digital photography as a separate course to teaching begining photography
digitally.--Instant feedback. But I don't think even RIT is going to buy 100
LF digital backs just yet.

Back in the 80s when strobes were in and hot lights were as old as Tom
edison I bought Polaroid by the case, Now as my physical eyes deminish I've
gotten a better inner eye so I don't need the Polaroid.  But I'd hate to be
starting out now,  I thought a buck a sheet was painfully expensive.