[LargeFormat] Polaroid Film

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 5 10:20:07 2002

I found a box of Polaroid film extremely helpful when first learning to
use my brand new LF camera.

Maybe it was just me, but the ability to receive near instant feedback
of what I thought I was seeing upside-down and backwards when stopped
down to f22 was invaluable. Gave me something to compare to as I went
back and looked at the dim hazy image on the ground glass to figure out
why...

Have not used Polaroids since that first box... since then its been a
steady diet of Iford Delta 100 & ProviaF 100... but to someone starting
with LF they are great. Not as good as having an experienced hand
available, but way better than shooting-developing and wondering why it
isn't as you expected.

Dave