[LargeFormat] Ebay Madness

Jim largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 4 22:03:13 2002

At 02:52 PM 2/4/2002 +0100, Tom Prack wrote:
>Hello Clive,
>
>thats allright, but there is one thing everyone must know,
>most things they dont buy, and it can be that the seller sit
>for another week on the used LF lens. This is difficult, yes it is.
>best wish
>Tom

Many times I seen something that I was interested in but the starting bid
was more than I (or anyone else) was interested in paying so the auction
ends with no bids. Sometimes the seller re-lists with a lower starting
price, but still too much for anyone.

I have then contacted the seller directly and offered exactly what I am
willing to pay and many times they sell to me at that price. I guess they
figure it beats waiting it out again for nothing. And selling direct there
are no eBay fees.

Jim