[LargeFormat] Ladders and Cameras

hairy possum largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 4 16:34:17 2002

I have been thinking about using a platform on my
pickup truck.  The following are some ideas I have
decided would work, eventhough I haven't done it yet.
See what you folks think about them.

1. Have the platform made so that I can remove the
floor of it.  This would reduce any wind problems
going down the highway.

2.   Have the supports made to fit in the stake holes
of the truck bed, then put the camper shell on top of
those to clamp down tight.

3.   Have stands made to attach to the frame of the
truck just before climbing up to insert floor and take
photos.  These would have a screw jack type adjustment
in order to level the truck, and stiffen the platform
to prevent swaying.  There would be 4 of these, 2 for
the back, and 2 for either front, or midway.

I have a full size Ford F150 with an 8 ft bed. I
figure an 8x6 ft platform would be plenty to allow
shooting with tripod.  (If I remember not to back up
too far (  (:>)

Let me know what you think of these ideas, any
suggestions or improvements???

=====
www.Lauvone.com