[largeformat] bulk roll 35mm cannisters

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 3 22:14:01 2002

I know this a bit off topic for an LF list but hey, most of us have 35mm
cameras even if we won't admit it.

I've got about 10 tins from bulk rolled 35mm film--- 35mm high and about 5"
dia.  I've used a couple of them for that odd and ends around the house,
even used a few to keep small quanitities of flour and sugar for camping but
have yet to hit on a great idea for them.

They don't seal as well as you might think (frankly plastic kitchen
containers work better than the tins for camping, but they clash with the
old 35mm and 127 magazine containers I use for the spices)

and they will rust quickly when wet.

Does anybody out there have any great ideas for these things?

les