[LargeFormat] Weather in Detroit

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 3 20:12:23 2002

At 9:45 pm -0800 30/1/02, Les Newcomer wrote:
>Mother nature must be on this list serve and heard me yesterday.
>
>We got 3.5" of snow today and more tomorrow.  Total possible 10-16" by This
>time Friday = freezing raing and ice to boot.  winter finally arrived!!!!
>
>I'm polishing up the 2D and hope to get something interesting, the 8x10 and
>the cirkut will have to stay home.

Hello Les,

We have the usual Winter storms and gales here - the rain and driving
wind has kept me indoors for the last couple of weeks. You can almost
plan for wind here in late January and it's all over by early Feb. At
least it is fairly warm. Feel sorry for those at sea - a couple of
ships were in trouble yesterday but thankfully most of those on board
were rescued by helicopter. One was a timber cargo vessel adrift off
the coast of Cornwall in high seas so people in Cornwall will be
having nicely machined driftwood soon :-)

The film bag has been sitting in the hall packed with loaded film
holders and freezer packs ready to go whenever the weather decides to
calm down a bit. Have been  waiting for a chance to pop over to
Tintern, Wales to take some shots with Robert Lawrence for the
workshops page on f32.net

Cabin fever set in earlier so took advantage of a fabrics sale today
- fighting through the crowds of aggressive women to buy some
materials for product shots, a sobering experience! ;-)

Anyway, has been a bit quiet on the list so hope you're all having a
good weekend.