[LargeFormat] Ladders and Cameras

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 2 18:46:57 2002

At 7:59 am -0700 2/2/02, Karl Wolz wrote:
>I know a guy in Phoenix who is doing this and also swimming pool
>installations (we have a ton of them here).  He finally broke down and
>bought a Hasselblad ArcBody for the speed and volume.  He stands on top of a
>ladder and mounts the camera on the ladder also.  He seems to always use
>pretty wide lenses.

EMail from my ISP has just come back on line after a very effective
denial of service attack - took 'em out for 12 hours!

What Kark had to say about ladders set me off on a train of thought
as I often find myself perched up in some rather unusual positions -
although perhaps not  as unusual as some of you; thinking about the
water department acrobatics!

A ladder would be a very useful device to keep in the back of the car
- hey only photographers can do this and get away with it....  The
interesting aspect of this is whether to use a tall tripod or the
ladder to mount the camera. Can a ladder really be made stable enough
to take a LF camera? Shutter speeds would probably need to be
relatively high to make it feasible.

The most wacky solution goes up on the f32 web site if you can supply
photographic proof :-)