[LargeFormat] Temperature and a lot of digression

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 29 15:20:34 2002

At 6:23 pm +0800 28/1/02, rstein wrote:
snip

>     Neither. Call me Mr. Stitch. Working on the principle that you can do
>anything if no-one tells you you can't ( And even then if you are a half
>hour into the project you might as well finish it. This explains a lot of
>British aircraft design....) I made 2-3metre by 6 metre silver cloth
>backdrops for the glamour section of the studio. The old Bernina came
>through with flying bobbins. Which brings me up to the point of the post:
>
>     I made the backdrops to capitalize on the 14th of February. I figure
>Valentines Day with silver and red hearts and a lot of soft focus and
>Meaningful Looks will be a winner with the customers. I am even going to
>invest in a bunch of discount red roses.
>
>     Now, Girls, help me out. Suggestions, please, for other days in the year
>that I can target for portrait and glamour work. VD is a natural, we don't
>have Homecoming Queens down here in Australia, except along Oxford Street
>and that is a market I don't want to encourage, and I doubt anyone wants
>ANZAC Day nudie pictures. I've seen Anzacs in the nude and I wouldn't bother
>really....
>
>     So - Make My Day. How can I sell up more pictures?
>
>     Uncle Dick
>
>      PS: It was Australia Day 2 days ago and it must have been a good one as
>I am still coughing blood.

Well Mr Stitch,

It's hard to keep up with all your name changes - still, I guess you
have to do that to keep the wives guessing.

Anyway, never let feasibility get in the way of a good project, a
principle that I see you are familiar with. When you have cleaned up
from coughing over the backdrop (I assume you bend over old Bernina
when sewing) then you will have a backdrop worthy of Halloween - a
few broomsticks and star shapes cut from the silver paper lining old
ciggie packets and you'll have another winner :-)

If you are that nifty with the sewing, then bunnies at Easter spring
to mind. You already have a ready supply of large eggs to match the
oversize bunnies from those aggressive roadrunner type birds that are
so prevalent in Oz. You would probably have to change the backdrop
though, unless you wanted to take a Tarantino-esque slant on the
production....

Anyway, as you still haven't sent me the photos showing the attire of
the sartorial dressed Oz photographer as an example for us to follow,
I now have to assume from your writing style that your dress is
something in between Hemingway on safari and our (UK) rather
unfortunate National stereotype of the typical Australian man - ie a
hat with corks and those khaki shorts with deep pockets that take
several film holders.... ;-)