[LargeFormat] Any info on the Industar-37?

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 29 11:06:02 2002

Ektars were of various configurations covering formats from 35mm up to some
really serious sizes. Actually a lot of information on Kodak lenses can be
found if you search the net for Ektar.  A man called Monaghan seems to have
made these lenses a lifetime study and there is another page with photos of
little Ektar widefield lenses that is well worth a read, although if
everybody finds out about Ektars the prices will go through the roof.  I
have a couple of them but nowadays the only Ektar I see is the 127mm (which
just covers 5x4) and which I  don't need and the 203mm which I have already.
The 135mm wide field Ektar is worth finding for its sharpness and 229mm
circle coverage. Philip

 As far as 50s, Tessar and their derivatives were used as