[LargeFormat] Ilex Shutter Servicing

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 25 20:31:18 2002

Is anyone skilled with Ilex #3 shutter repair?  I have just spent the
last hour on one of these and have a sticky shutter. I can see what
the problem is but have no idea how to repair it. The rotating ring
that opens and closes the shutter moves up at the point opposite the
actuating lever and jumps over the tabs that hold the blades - so it
sticks!

There is a bit of play on the lever that engages with the tab that
moves the ring - maybe it is this that is causing the ring to jump up
at the opposite side?  Give me an Alphax or Betax any day!

Was hoping to use the 10" Caltar tomorrow - it's blowing away outside
with heavy rain so maybe it's not too urgent......

Hey - it's very quiet out there - maybe another one of those US
holidays or are  you all out shooting?