[LargeFormat] Compur #1 and Copal #1 for G-Claron 305mm f9

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 22 02:04:04 2002

Clive.. I am going on a short vacation, and will not have he time to
measure... the lens has been put away....

There is an equation for the size of the aperture, for a given FL... you
need this to make the calcs accurately...

OTOH, if you can borrow a 210 lens in a copal 1, you can copy the markings
on a strip of paper, and tape it to the shutter... This is how I got the
markings on my 355.... I borrowed someone's lens for a few minutes, and made
a physical copy....

I like the 305... it is a good lens, but I do not use it often for 4x5... it
is too short and too long for me.. I use a 110, 210, 450 as the progression
for 4x5.  I got the G Claron for the 8x10, which I no longer have... ( too
big to enjoy the experience)

Be aware the image circle with these big coverage lenses.... use a lens
shade to purposefully vignette the lens, and cut down internal reflections
and stray light......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net