[LargeFormat] A UPS for an enlarger voltage regulator? Wacky idea?

Huib Smeets largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 20 06:06:01 2002

Marco,

A few month ago the (stabilized) powersupply of my enlarger died. I built a
new one myself, it can drive a 24V/250W Halogen Bulb (ELC).

Although the original power supply (DURST, EST450 for the CLS450 colorhead)
had a 24V AC source my DIY powers supply gives a 24V DC voltages. Using a DC
voltage simplified the whole design a lot, the design of the EST450 was
elegant, but also unneccesary complex. There's no difference in driving a
lamp with 24V AC or DC.

I you want to receive it, just let me know, I'll send you the plan (off-list
ofcource).

btw. the plan can be very easily changed to other voltages.

Greetings,

Huib Smeets

http://home.plex.nl/~hsmeets