[LargeFormat] Wooden Field Camera Jigsaws

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 19 17:44:09 2002

At 12:25 pm -0500 18/1/02, Gregor33@aol.com wrote:
>Clive,
>
>When I built my 4x5 I used two kinds of glue.  One here in the states is
>called guarilla glue.  I'ts great stuff. Hard as nails and dosn't seperate.
>It stains the heck out of your skin when you use it, but dosen't come apart
>in the seams. It's an expanding glue so after you put it on and clamp it it
>squizes out all over the place. You cut that off and sand down your wood and
>finish normaly.  I also used a regular wood glue like tightbond which I'm
>sure you can find anywhere.  If you can't find it there let me know   perhaps
>I could send you some.
>
>By the way you said you have a machine shop.  I'm intersted in building a
>8x10 field camera, but I'm horrible with metal perhaps you could help me out
>with the metal parts.

Geo,

Thanks for the glue tips - will have a look around to see what is
available in the UK.

I do have some machinery in the garage - essentially for building old
British motorcycles. To give you some idea of my time constraints, I
last looked in the garage about 6 months ago! So although I would
like to help you out and maybe have an exchange of skills, it just
ain't gonna happen :-)

You could try Ken Hough on the list as he has loads of expertise in
this area, or failing that try to find a local and friendly machine
shop and do a trade with some photography expertise.

I was going to give you Ken's web site address but it appears that
his site has  a server problem at the moment - the link is on the
f32.net links page under Deardorff cameras.