[LargeFormat] Wooden Field Camera Jigsaws

Martin Trucco largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 19 14:44:20 2002

Greg:

>When I built my 4x5 I used two kinds of glue.  One here in the states is
>called guarilla glue.  I'ts great stuff. Hard as nails and dosn't seperate.
>It stains the heck out of your skin when you use it, but dosen't come apart
>in the seams. It's an expanding glue so after you put it on and clamp it it
>squizes out all over the place. You cut that off and sand down your wood
and
>finish normaly.  I also used a regular wood glue like tightbond which I'm
>sure you can find anywhere.  If you can't find it there let me know
perhaps
>I could send you some.

    Some of us are not USA citizens. Do you have any kind of description of
the glues you are talking about? Like: "water dissolved white creamy glue"
or something like that.

>By the way you said you have a machine shop.  I'm intersted in building a
>8x10 field camera, but I'm horrible with metal perhaps you could help me
out >with the metal parts.

    Do you have any .jpg's of your work? Though I finally traded a Linhof
Technika 5 I was (and still am) interested in building a 4x5 by myself. I am
not so in a hurry now because of the Linhof, but I am "collecting" ideas,
pictures and suggestions from other people's experiences.

    Rgds.

    Martin
www.martintrucco.com.ar