[LargeFormat] Wisner and Ebony Field Cameras

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 17 15:19:33 2002

philip Lambert

"What is the quality of results from the 300 TeleCongo?  Would you recommend
it?  I read that the manufacturer's quality control is a bit uncertain."

I don't know yet. I only got it last Thursday and I've been working 12 hour
days since then.

It was a punt, to be honest. I have the Wista VX (bought for a pittance),
and the bellows draw is limited to 300mm. After some experiments I decided
that I wanted a 300mm lens.

That left me with a choice of extension bellows/rails/bucket lens panels or
a telephoto.

I looked at the former and decided they were too much hassle, as was selling
the Wista and getting something else, so it was the telephoto option.

I had my eye on the Fujinon 300/8 when Robert White got a s/h Congo for less
than a 1/3rd of its price. So I figured I'd take a gamble. If it doesn't
work well enough I'll go back to RW and chop it in on the Fujinon.

--
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.