[LargeFormat] A most useful manufacturer...

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 17 14:57:10 2002

Uncle Dick,

Well black tape, duct tape, gaffers tape I think I've used every tape known
to man to invent gadgets some work some don't.  At the moment I am trying to
come up with some kind of Home store soft box.  I know how to build the darn
thing that's easy.  What I want to figure out is what to use for a light
source.  I want to use 3200k tungsten as it's cheap but thier so damn hot
it's a pain. At least the inexpensve photofloods are awfully hot. So I'm
considering buying one of those florecent bulbs that go in a regular light
socket and using filters to balance it to 3200.  The problem is they are not
very bright and exposures would be incredably long I think. So If you or
anyone ells might have a suggestion I'm of course open to ideas.

By the way I think I have met you but you had playboys in your back pocket at
the time.

Greg
Call me "Geo" everybody does.