[LargeFormat] film storage (was lighting tricks)

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 16 10:41:26 2002

At 07:14 16/01/02 -0800, Bob Younger wrote:
>I do like Verna does and load my holders (8x10) all at once, then store them
>in the refrigerator until I need them. Living in the SW US we have a
>substantial static problem that accompanies our lower relative humidity. I
>bought a number of the ziplock anti-static bags that are used for shipping
>computer equipment; they are also much stronger than plastic ZipLock bags. I
>also bought some small bags of dessicant that I put in each bag. I've not
>had any problems with moisture or dust since I adopted this process. For me,
>when I used ziplocks, it seemed that every bit of dust for miles around
>waited for me to extract the holder from the bag and magically found their
>way to it.
big snip

Great, Ziplock have a range of products that I haven't yet consumed ;-)

I may have to ask someone on the list to send me some of the ziplock
anti-static bags to try out. I will pay of course!  They don't seen to be
available here in the UK - and if they are the price is guaranteed to be
double that of the US.  Are there a range of sizes as in the standard range?

Just recalling the low humidity of the SW US rain storm and three days of
rain in Zion (May 2000) ;-)  Thought I was back home in England for a
while.....

The environment of my cooler bag was always fairly high humidity with the
melting ice and a bit of water sloshing around the bottom. Never had a
problem with static or dust but I was using Grafmatics (in ziplock bags)
most of the time - black and white film was in ordinary film holders, again
in ziplock bags..