[LargeFormat] Repairing bent Graphmatic Septums

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 14 15:48:41 2002

At 4:13 pm -0600 12/1/02, Ken Hough wrote:
>This is simple!
>Get a long straight carving knife. Put it in the groove and with a 2oz Ball
>Peen hammer Tap the back side of the knife. Hammer on a cutting board.
>Get a pair of parallel pliers with smooth jaws. You can then squeeze the
>groove tighter if needed. Put a piece of 20 thou brass shim stock to act as a
>thickness guide.
>Be gentle. With practice you will make them look like new.
>Ken

Ken I have this vision of you with a manic grin wielding the hammer ;-)

Thanks for the tip. The problem septums sitting here are bowed rather
than bent at a specific place. If you can see where the bend starts
then my method works quite well. May try out your suggestion as
otherwise they are scrap so have nothing to lose.