[LargeFormat] graflex roll film back

lnphoto largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 8 07:52:34 2002

on 1/7/02 10:13 PM, Dave Southwood at lava@mweb.co.za wrote:

> i procured an old graflex '23'  GRAPHIC roll-film holder(6 by 7 i think) for
> 4 by 5 and i am curious as to how it works. it has no ground glass but a
> rectangular groove into which glass may once have fitted. has anyone the
> same back? is it misssing the glass? if so would it be possible to have a
> replacement fitted? i cant see any screws which, if loosened, might allow
> acces to the pertinent groove so i reckon im stuffed....
>
> is it customised for a graflex camera? i cannot see how it fits onto the
> back of my technika mk IV.
>
> i also have the option of buying the following two lenses for a song, they
> would be back-ups:
>
> rodenstock ysarex 150mm 1:4.5
>
> schneider - k tele xenar 240mm 1:5.5
>
> any ideas(rhetorical)
>
> thanks

Dave,
Maybe it's the lack of coffee in the bloodstream, but I can't wrap my mind
around what you might have and where this goove is. A 2x3 roll back should
look very similar to an RB Mamiya back, but with an enlarged mounting area
so that it reaches the sliders on a 4x5 graflok back. I don't know of any
roll back that would take a ground glass, Is it possible you are thinking of
the goove that would have held the darkslide?

The Ysarex is a late model tessar formula, nice lens.  don't know much about
the tele xenar

Kes  ahh make that Les.  gotta get some coffee