[LargeFormat] Ground Glass Focusing

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 2 19:32:06 2002

HOw a bout a multicoated, multi element fine focusing loupe for
$20-$25??????

Sounds too good to be true???  BUT IT"S NOT!!!!

and you won't have to wait until it comes on cable at 3 am.

and the best part o fthis deal is that it's NOT offered by Ron
Propeil!!!!

Head for your nearest used camera store  or photo show. look for an old
thread mount 50mm lens for an SLR.  Yashica, Honewell, Pentax, stay away
from Leica, Nikon and Canon rangefinder lenses. Try to stickwith the
f1.7 or 1.4. MOST of these will focus as a magnifier at their filter
edge.  So test them out and see if you can count the scratches on the
glass counter.  I don't think the f2 pancake lenses will do this, and
the f1.2 lenses are too 'spensive for your needs.

Once purchaced, tape the edge so you don't scratch that ground glass.
and have fun!

Les