[LargeFormat] Who is Who

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 30 11:46:19 2001

Hello all,

now since a short time here, I have learned from you all, better english
and more about LF, thank you.
So it’s now on me. Who am I?  Born and live in vienna, in the
mid-thirtys,
unmarried and single. So nobody can get angry when I take the camera,
3:00 am and go for the next shoot. Work as an telecommunication expert
and its now become a boring job. So I look for an more interresting one now.
I started photographing in 1985. Have been a half year in London for
experience, learned in the Vienna art school. And my practice I made
in Roma, bella italia. Advertising and fashion photography. I have been
than in Zürich, Paris and London again and work there for agencys. In
vienna it was very difficult to work in this job. So I photograph what I
want
to see and made it now for myself only. Perhabs I make an exhibition one
day in the future.

35 mm equipment and medium format was the beginning.
Nikon and Rollei are my cameras since a very long time. Than a friend and I
built
a wooden 5 x 7 camera with old leather bellows. The back was arca swiss
5 x7 and reduce to 4 x 5. Years after, he sell the camera and I bought my
own.
Now my favorite is the 8 x 10” Phillips since 1 ½  years. Polaroid
film and EPR.
This is a camera that looks like no camera you have ever seen before.
The decision for me was, to get a small, very light and very rigid camera,
for 8 x 10" and reduce to 4 x 5" for Polaroid sepia film.
It’s only a comfortable tool, so the lenses Rodenstock Ronar 480 mm
and
the ultimative Grandagon 155mm. Glass whereever you look.
The pictures were build in the brain and the tools makes it than.

Darkroom is not very interesting for me, I have work there, color
(cibachrome)
and black&white, but the darkroom was often to small. So I give my
diapositives
to an lab.  I love to go in the city and stand there  for hours and talk to
the long-view
passers-by. They have never seen befor such a camera and think I make a
movie.
It’s sometimes very funny.
My way now is going on big negative, the prints getting than more better, or
scan
diapositiv and print them. I will think about it. Perhaps I will test both.
Only the
choice is difficult.

Since I'm here I feel good in this LF family, see forward to hear from you,
and
if someone ever comes to vienna let me know.

So only one day befor we get 2002. Wish you all a happy new year and the
light
whereever you go for this unique photo you want to create.

Tom
Vienna, Austria       http://members.chello.at/tomphoto

The next please!

--
Comming soon: hero Jack Morris, so than forget James Bond.

http://www.gmx.net