[LargeFormat] A simple Yellow Filter

Jay Allen largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 30 10:46:03 2001

--WebTV-Mail-6420-159

There seems to be a lot of lens talk on F32, so I will add a little.

In the old days before Apo lenses, photographers wanted to take nice
sharp photos. But, they did not have all the good stuff that we have
now.

The Yellow filter --------

So they would use a yellow filter to make the lens sharp like an Apo
lens.

And, just when you thought it was just to make the clouds show in a
photograph.

Does any one know why -- the yellow filter makes the older lens extra
sharp?

This my cause some of you to think about older lenses.

I have enjoyed learning about older lenses.

The old guys that designed them and the old guys that used them ----
don't seem to me --- to be as backward as some modern photographers may
believe.

--WebTV-Mail-6420-159

<HTML>
<P>