[LargeFormat] "Sharing" LF Equipment

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 29 16:46:13 2001

This sounds like a great idea to me.  But while I appreciate the
philanthropy involved, I'm not sure I would personally be able to accept
something I know is worth at least 'something'... or perhaps I'm not
understanding the idea completely.  Are we talking 'sharing - giving' or
'sharing - borrowing'?  That's not clear to me... I'm assuming 'borrowing',
but the possible wear and tear would be an issue?

As I mentioned in my intro, I, like many others, own a grand total of 1 LF
lens.  We will eventually accumulate more, but won't likely buy them new.
However, used purchases are always a risk.  Buying from someone in a small
group such as this is much less risky.  We aren't a really big group, we're
friendly and generally seem to be on the up and up... although I don't know
about Uncle Dick ;-)

So I would suggest that if people have gear they don't particularly want to
hold onto, they offer it here first.  I'm sure no one really wants this to
become a photographic eBay, so perhaps replies and queries could be taken
off list.  I think some items have been offered before, but I'm going to bet
there is equipment lying around that the owner can't be bothered getting rid
of... perhaps the idea of helping the more recent converts would be the
necessary motivation.

Just my thoughts.

Brock