[LargeFormat] Duratrans (was: color transparencies)

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 29 14:38:19 2001

Well - you can do display transparencies using a Lightjet print from a scan
of your image - neg or tranny.

BTW - I just had a 24x30 Lightjet print made from a scan of a 4x5 colour
negative. Did the scan on my Epson 1640 and upscaled with Genuine Fractals.
As this was a first time test of Lightjet prints for me, I also had a 24x30
"traditional" print made by a lab I know and use.

Well... first, the Lightjet print came out just as expected from my scan -
not only that, it was stunning. By comparison, the regular print looked
disappointing. The Lightjet was sharper, more crisp and better colour. Now,
I did do work on it in Photoshop, obviously, so I could get it just how I
wanted. But the Trad print was also a custom print, with dodging and burning
etc and running a test print. The Lightjet print just blew it away. The
traditional print just couldn't get there.  And it was cheaper.... I'm sold

tim a