[LargeFormat] Who is Who

Robert Mayrand largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 29 13:34:04 2001

Hello everyone,

Here's my little bio.
I live up here in Canada, near Montreal.
Photo has always been my favorite past time, and sometime a lucrative one,
but most of the time eating more $$ then producing. But I've always done it
on a limited budget, fortunately I got quite lucky over the years.
A few years ago I was initiated to medium format. I bought a broken
hasselblad 500cm for 50$ just to mess with it and I finally was able to make
it work! So I sold my old 35mm equipment to complete the set. When I saw the
result I couldn't take larger format out of my mind. I've just finish
building a 4x5 camera and I'm now in the process of gathering everything
else I need to enjoy the process!

My favorite subject as a medium format photographer is landscape and what I
call urban life, I suspect this will remain my main interest for large
format and maybe include some architectural picture to take advantage of the
movement capabilities.

Robert
Mtl, Quebec