[LargeFormat] Vegemite

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 22 21:06:55 2001

Dear Readers,

    Lambert is not as cracked as he sounds - or at least not on the side
towards the audience.

    Vegemite TM is a Kraft product that is made of reprocessed yeast sludge
from the end of the brewing cycle. It is salty, strange, and tasty - a
definite hit on hot toast or Sao biscuits. It is very high in some vitamins.
But it is still brown sludge.

     Yes, it has been used in large format photography. A thin slurry has
been used by some students to tone fibre-based prints. Presumably because
they are students and cannot afford Viradon. It is as dreadful in this mode
as all the other food colouring tricks - tea, coffee, etc.

    For me, I stick to the Vegemite on the biscuits and it sticks to me. But
then I always was a messy eater.

     Uncle Dick

PS: The English equivalent is Marmite. As with all things English it is sad
and effete. See English cricket XI.....