[LargeFormat] Bellows in cold weather

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 21 22:42:33 2001

Oh Thou of Little Faith,

     Vegemite indeed. Secret ingredient indeed.

    While you could, conceivably, spoon Gee Why onto toast and eat it ( We
are talking about British eating habits here folks, so if you continental
and American readers want to go off and stare out the window until the worst
of it is over, I'll understand...*) I would not recommend it. The toast
would go all slimy and soggy but would be perfectly flexible and presumably
light-tight.

    At least I did not suggest rubbin' in the Dubbin or Gilly Stephenson's
Gun Wax, both of which could quite conceivably be a good idea. Or good old
lambs fat and beeswax. It works a treat on minies, it should work on camera
bellows.

    If the worst happens and the bellows leak, resort to some of the old
flexible black paint that we used to use to paint the inside of
vacuum-formed slot car racer shells in the 60's. It stuck to anything and
stayed rubbery for a ages.

    Uncle Dick

* Worst Pies In The Known Universe - High Street pie shop, Woolwich,
England.
    Indescribably bad.