[LargeFormat] Bellows in cold weather

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 21 12:06:16 2001

Hello John,
Have they ever been treated?
If not, get some Lexsol in the BROWN bottle. Apply liberaly
and let it sit an hour or so. Wipe more on and then wipe that off.
Polish with a good grade of black shoe polish.
What you are doing is replacing the oils that have dried out. The show
polish seals them in. Do this every 6months or so.
I have Deardorff 8x10 # 17. The old mad who gave it to me hardly used it
the last 40 years. But he treated the bellows every birthday. This camera is
from 1924 and the bellows are perfect.
Ken