[LargeFormat] Multi-Contrast filters for Durst 184?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 17 19:54:24 2001

At 1:05 pm -0600 17/12/01, roger.urban@exeloncorp.com wrote:
>For all the Durst 184 owners out there that use multi-grade B&W paper with
>large lenses (like my Schneider Componon-S 360mm), I was wondering what
>filters you might use to do your printing with?
>
>The filter drawer on the 184 looks big enough for 10x10", but I've never
>seen a filter that size. The business end of the Schneider 360mm is quite
>large in diamter, somewhere in the 4" range, so maybe it's possible to
>jerry-rig a filter holder to it, but where do you get multi-contrast filters
>that are large enough?

That sounds an interesting enlarger - do you have any snaps of it you
could post to the f32 Forum? Is it a horizontal bench model like the
DeVere?

As for the multi-grade filters, Ilford manufacture them in a whole
range of sizes so they are probably cut down from larger sheets. Try
dropping them a line, there is probably a support Email address on
their US web site: http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/bw.html