[LargeFormat] Replacement springs for back

Grace, Schuyler largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 12 12:06:04 2001

If you can't fine replacements, I used the blades of long, thin painter's
spatulas for springs on a home-built 4x5 a few years ago.  The appearance
was really nice, they work well, and they've held up to the test of time.
However, I didn't have to put any crooks or bends in them -- just drill
holes for mounting screws and silver solder the springs to the ground glass
frame pivot points -- so I don't know how well they would hold up to such
shaping.

Schuyler Grace

Phone:        480.693.3569
FAX:          480.693.7555
CO-MAIL:        52N-AWT

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Newcomer [mailto:lnphoto@twmi.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 9:29 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Replacement springs for back

Goooooood Question. I'm gonna watch this thread!  I don't know of any
supplier, or cache  of B&J parts. The only thing I know of is to find a
back with good springs and bad glass.

 I"m on the lookout for a wood finished 5x7 back for my Agfa/Ansco. I
have a grey version I'll happily trade and maybe throw in lunch!

Les newcomer