[LargeFormat] Lensboard

Robert Mayrand largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 12 11:52:01 2001

Hi!
I know there is no standard in board size but is there any in board
thikness. I'm using a large format camera for the first time and have to do
a board and mount the lens.

Are we suppose to screw the back element as far as we can. On my lens the
retaining ring is pretty thick if I screw the element as far as I can with
the ring it leaves less then 1/8" and it seem pretty thin.

The size of the hole also raise some concern. The ring has a shoulder wich
goes to 1 5/8". Should I do the hole of this side. Or to the actual smaller
thread size of the lens.

MY lens is a Symmar-S 180mm mounted in a compur 1

Thank you for you help.

Robert