[LargeFormat] 360mm Teles and Longer Lenses in General

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 8 20:06:09 2001

The 203 is a symmetrical air spaced design. Just like an Artar.

the next time the sun is shining and you feel creative, Chuck up the 203
and remove the front cell

You'll end up with a very slow 14" lens.

The old fstops were

11   16   22   32   45
19   28   38   56   79 are the new f stops

I'd round them off to

16   22.5   32   45.5   64.5

I'm not gonna say what kind of image you'll get. Let the film speak for
the lens. and a 14" that takes up no extra space and no extra weight has
to be worth something!

Les