[LargeFormat] Two-bath developer - advice requested (Joe Hunt)

Joe Hunt largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 8 10:48:00 2001

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C17FFF.4459AC00

I've got some Emofin two-bath dev. which I hope will:
give more even development to 4"x5",=20
show some compensating effect with edge sharpness,=20
reduce the light fall-off from centre to edge of negative (SA 65mm) =
without resorting to a centre filter.
Does anyone have experience using this or similar product?
Any advice on the following?:
1. Would continuous rotary agitation (Jobo tank) interfere unfavourably =
with the characteristic action of the developer?
2. Would ccontinuous agitation reduce, or eliminate, the compensating =
effect and contour sharpness (as it might with single bath)?
3. I normally pre-soak for 5 mins. Would this still be okay or would the =
emulsion then not absorb sufficient of the first bath?
Any other advice?

Joe Hunt=20

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C17FFF.4459AC00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I've got some Emofin two-bath dev. which I hope will:</DIV>
<DIV>give more even development to 4"x5", </DIV>
<DIV>show some compensating effect with edge sharpness, </DIV>
<DIV>reduce the light fall-off from centre to edge of negative (SA 65mm) =
without=20
resorting to a centre filter.</DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone have experience using this or similar product?</DIV>
<DIV>Any advice on the following?:</DIV>
<DIV>1. Would continuous rotary agitation (Jobo tank) interfere =
unfavourably=20
with&nbsp;the characteristic action of the developer?</DIV>
<DIV>2. Would ccontinuous agitation reduce, or eliminate, the =
compensating=20
effect and&nbsp;contour sharpness (as it might with single bath)?</DIV>
<DIV>3. I normally pre-soak for 5 mins. Would this still be okay or =
would the=20
emulsion then not absorb sufficient of&nbsp;the first bath?</DIV>
<DIV>Any other advice?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe Hunt&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>