[LargeFormat] Re: Recent virus

Guy Glorieux largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 3 06:14:05 2001

Brock Nanson wrote:

> You won't go wrong with the Norton (Symantec) Anti-virus offerings.  The
> important thing, with whatever package you buy, is to keep it UP TO DATE!!!
> <snip>  'Last week' is not recent enough ...

This is so true, Brock.   I run weekly updates and when I did my update this
evening, I realized that I had been infected by W32.Badtrans.B@mm some time
after last sunday.  Fortunately, Norton AV provides a tool to repair and remove
this virus which is not really vicious as far as the OS is concerned.  But I've
probably spread it around unknowlingly to other people and this is something I
don't really want to do to my friends.

I guess that I'll be running daily updates from now on...

Cheers,

Guy