[LargeFormat] Focus Shift on Stopping Down

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 1 18:27:19 2001

Here in Oregon we have a name for a day of sunshine after two days of
rain. It is called "Monday".

And it has been raining so much that even sunshine during the week would
be welcome here.

I had a nature photography teacher here that told his class that
"weather"
was a legitimate nature photograph. As a result I have photographs of
rain falling (flash makes it appear to fall up), wind (you should see
the young 60' fir trees whipping around in the wind outside my window
right now!), snow falling, floods flooding, rainbows, fog, surf in
action, landslides, dew, and ... yes, I even included a full moon and
some
sunrises and sunsets. I have yet to illustrate an earthquake in action,
though.

It is interesting to deliberately go out and try to illustrate the
concept
"it's raining". That was how it started. Heavy raindrops pounding a
flooded field with the water flooding onto the road was a good one.

Of course, with large format, a van with a big sliding door would be an
asset for that particular assignment. I wimped out and used 35mm from
my car window.

Verna

--
 "The world is its own magic."