[LargeFormat] Scanning 4x5 Negatives

jpetrush largeformat@f32.net
Sun Nov 25 23:26:06 2001

From: "Joe Tait" <jtait@texas.net> wrote:

> I'm actually willing to spend up to $1500 (3 times the price) but can't
seem
> to find higher than 2500dpi native resolution, nor any appreciable claim
of
> better dmax. Do you know of any scanner that offer higher than 2500dpi for
> this price range?

I recall (a most untrustworthy state of mind) that AGFA offers a Duo-Scan
flatbed that also does film at up to 2500 ppi optical resolution.  What I
can't remember is the selling price, but I think it was less than $2,000.
If you care to triple your budget, the UMAX Powerlook 3000, at 3084 x 3084
native resolution, and a Dmax of 3.6, would certainly meet all but the most
demanding requirements.