[LargeFormat] Scanning 4x5 Negatives

robo largeformat@f32.net
Sun Nov 25 03:26:11 2001

No - at the moment I'm planning on completely 'dry' printing.
So far I've only done selective printing to an old 300dpi HP
895cxi. The results have been encouraging - though I need to
figure out how to match the colours on the screen to what comes
out on the printer to save on wasted paper. When cash permits
I intend purchasing something like an Epson 1290 that will give
me A3+ borderless prints which will be good enough for 99%
of my needs.

For the rest I can send out and have a print made either from
the file or from the original. For the reduced volume, the costs
should be acceptable. (only half the nasty chemicals to work with
and only my hands in the dark )

The Scanner is Mac compatible. It's a USB device and comes with Mac
software.

For your info - there's a mailing list at :-

 http://www.leben.com

for scanners that I used to research this - it may be of some help.
(just noticed while checking the above URL they have an Epson
printer list as well!)

On the spec you quoted the Epson scanner at 42 bit - the Canon
is 48 bit colour- it's also 2400 x 4800 true scan resolution - though I
have to admit I think it only scans film at 2400 x 2400 - can't find
a definitive reference in the manual -  however must say haven't read
the stuff on the CD yet! (yep - just your typical computer engineer -
manual last!)

Sorry Joe - I've no experience with lightjets - hope someone can
does as it's an avenue I hadn't considered.

John