[LargeFormat] EBONY SV45U2 IR-light proof?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Nov 11 07:22:00 2001

>Anybody  who has experience with this camera wirth IR-film? Is his bellows
>IR light proof? I am considering to replace my Tachihara camera (which isn't
>IR light proof....).
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Paul Vandepitte
>Louvain
>Belgium

Hello Paul,

Had to jump in here even though I have not used an Ebony SV45U2!

Infrared Photography is one of my main interests in photography - I
maintain the Infrared FAQ at http://www.infraredfaq.org

Generally, some modern synthetic materials used for bellows are not
IR proof as you have found out. Leather bellows are definitely IR
proof. You may want to consider having a replacement set of leather
bellows made for your Tachihara, for example by the UK-based Camera
Bellows Company, http://www.camerabellows.com/  Maybe you fancy one
of those Ebony cameras though :-)

Could well be someone on the list who uses the Ebony for infrared
photography who can offer some advice based on experience rather than
my armchair musings.