[LargeFormat] 14" Dagor Coverage?

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 31 15:18:00 2001

Some more non-emprical data.

Kingslake says the angle of view on a Dagor is 70°

Imagine a triangle with the lens at the top corner, the bottom side
being the ground glass, the sides being the sides of the image circle.

The distance from the lens to the ground glass is 14"  If we draw a
perpendular line bisecting both the top angle and the ground glass we've
got the makings of your typical High School nightmare--Trig.

We know the top angle(A) is 35° side b is 14" we want side a

a=(b•TanA)
a= (14•.7002)
a=9.8028"

But that's only half the ground glass so double it to 19.6056"

again this may increase as you stop down, but it'll be tight.

les

(This actually works out to 1.4 times its focal length)