[LargeFormat] Polaroid Backs

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Sep 30 02:56:00 2001

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C149BF.D50A7CA0

Dear Kevin,

     My 545 is several years old but has held up very well. The rollers =
are easier to clean than you would think and it is worth while =
inspecting them before every session.

    The incorpration of a timer on a Polly back reminds me of some of =
the older cameras that had this. I find that I am pulling the proofs out =
with a hand that is attached to an arm that has a wristwatch on it =
anyway so the extra timer would be a pest. What you really need is a =
thermometer and a calender.

     The thermometer so you know how many seconds to leave the sheet =
pack stuck together - it really can make a difference to the results, =
particularly in colour. The calender is to remind you to check the =
expiry date on the box. Old Polaroids don't just lose speed - they =
bubble, stick, and smear when you try to process them. Get fresh sheets =
and the results will be magnificent.

    Uncle Dick

PS: resist the temptation to pull the sheet while the holder is in the =
camera as you will shift the back, topple the camera, and destroy the =
set. Trust me on this....

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C149BF.D50A7CA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Kevin,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My 545 is =
several years=20
old but has held up very well. The rollers are easier to clean than you =
would=20
think and it is worth while inspecting them before every =
session.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The incorpration of =
a timer on a=20
Polly back reminds me of some of the older cameras that had this. I find =
that I=20
am pulling the proofs out with a hand that is attached to an arm that =
has a=20
wristwatch on it anyway so the extra timer would be a pest. What you =
really need=20
is a thermometer and a calender.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
thermometer so you=20
know how many seconds to leave the sheet pack stuck together - it really =
can=20
make a difference to the results, particularly in colour. The calender =
is to=20
remind you to check the expiry date on the box. Old Polaroids don't just =
lose=20
speed - they bubble, stick, and smear when you try to process them. Get =
fresh=20
sheets and the results will be magnificent.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Uncle =
Dick</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS: resist the temptation to pull the =
sheet while=20
the holder is in the camera as you will shift the back, topple the =
camera, and=20
destroy the set. Trust me on this....</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C149BF.D50A7CA0--