[LargeFormat] Wista technical and Schneider lenses I, very wide

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 17 14:52:43 2001

I have a Wista VX, which I use most of the time with a 90mm Schneider Super
Angulon XL.

Does anyone have experience of the wider Schneider lenses on a Wista
technical camera? What's the shortest lens I can expect to use (without
having to mess about changing the bellows)?

Teamwork's website suggests 65mm, but can I go shorter than this with a
recessed lens panel, and if so how short?

Secondly does anyone have an opinion about the Calumet 6x12 RFH compared to
the Horsman? I like the idea of a 'slide in' RFH rather than a 'clip on'
one, but wonder if they don't put the film through rather more acrobatics
than is good for it. Do slide in RFH have a decent reputation for
reliability and good film flatness?

--
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.