[LargeFormat] Getting a View Camera Down Low

Daniel J. Hein largeformat@f32.net
Mon Aug 6 23:00:12 2001

on 8/6/01 9:49 PM, Les Newcomer at lnphoto@ismi.net wrote:

> This just in from my over taxed brain.  A Crown or Speed graphic on a
> bean bag!  If you've shot with 35mm you probably won't need alot of
> movements that a rail camera would give you and a bed type camera would
> certainly put the lens closer to the ground than any monorail camera I
> can think of.

I have shot with view cameras upside down on tripod arms etc and I much
prefer your bean bag idea.  I have a 4x5 Meridian that would be just right,
but lately I have been using a 5x7 back on an 8x10 Eastman Commercial View
and I want that larger film.  It would take the largest bean bag I have ever
considered under the Eastman but that seems a very workable solution.

Thanks.

Dan